Imagine creating a beautiful art journal that is filled to the brim with honesty and mindfulness…
Mindfully You is a mini art journaling email course to engage the senses! In this mini class, we will explore our world through our senses. Through a mixture of mindfulness, art journaling and photography prompts, you will be pushed to create art journal pages that are full of self-awareness of who you are and how you fit within the world. So naturally, much of the prompts shared in this mini class are a bit introspective. They will ask you to look at your world in various different ways, incorporating your senses and making you aware of who you are and where you are, as well as making you think about what you want and need. We will explore the senses through various journaling prompts and I will share different art techniques from time to time, and together we will create beautiful journal pages filled with honesty, passion and mindfulness.
Each of the prompts will ask you to explore one of six senses: Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, Touch and Intuition (or our inner thoughts). There are a total of 24 prompts, two for each month of the year, that you can work through month by month at your own pace. Now, even though I’m treating this as primarily an art journaling email course, I will encourage the use of other methods of documenting your creative exploration in mindfulness. I may throw in a few photography and journaling (as in writing) prompts from time to time, which you may include in your art journals or draw inspiration from as well. The prompts can be easily used to jump start your journaling in any way you choose to journal. If writing is more your thing, the prompts can definitely be applied in much of the same way as in art journaling. Ultimately, it is up to you how you treat and go about the prompts shared.
So whether you are struggling with keeping your journal, are looking to be more creative with your daily journaling, or want to be more mindful in your art, this class will explore many different ways to help you create the most mindful art journals that explore every aspect of who you are.
This is a free email mini course, meaning once you sign up to the course mailing list, you will begin receiving monthly newsletters filled with inspiration and prompts straight into your inbox. The email course officially begins on January 1, 2017. You can sign up at anytime to begin receiving the monthly emails, as well as gain access to all past emails. This email course will run through the year 2017.
What The Course Includes
- This email course will run from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017
- You will receive 1-2 creative prompts once a month straight into your inbox. The prompts will engage one of your senses and you will explore them and create an art journal page (or pages) in response.
- Each month, I will share with you bits from my own art journals as well as a few of my favorites from others participating to inspire you.
- If you wish to share publicly, be sure to share your journal pages on IG using the hashtag #mindfullyyoujournal so that I can see what you’ve created and possibly share my favorites on the monthly newsletter as well.
- Every so often, I will pop in a technique for you to try out and give you visual guides on how to go about the technique in your own journals. I feel that this will add a bit of the ecourse element into this email prompt series.
Are you ready to open your journals and be Mindfully You?
If you are, Sign up below!